Terms and Conditions
From time-to-time Research Opinions Limited and/or Acumen Field Limited run Prize Draws, in recognition of our thanks for you taking part in surveys or other research projects.
The procedures for our prize draws are set out below:
- The draw is open to everybody who completes the survey before the survey’s closing date, or completes the research as required in the project invitation.
- Any draws are open only to residents of the United Kingdom.
- Completion of the survey or research is deemed to be your entry into the prize draw.
- A maximum of one entry per individual per survey or research project is permitted.
- In accordance with our participant terms and conditions any fraudulent behaviour will result in termination of your participation including your entry into the prize draw.
- The last date of entry may vary: This will be the last date which the survey is open until which you will be usually notified about on the survey description, OR the final date in which research tasks will be available for you to complete (in the case of a community or homework task). At times a survey or research project may close once the required number of participants have completed the survey or research task and therefore no specific entry date can be given.
- Winners are drawn at random.
- Entrants have the right to withdraw; all participation is voluntary.
- The prize will be as described; it is non exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value.
- The decisions of Research Opinions Limited and/or Acumen Field Limited regarding all aspects of any prize draws which they run will be final and binding.
- The Winner of any prize draw will be notified via the email and phone number (if applicable) provided during the survey/ research.
- We will attempt to contact the Winner up to three times as necessary.
- Where the winner does not respond to emails notifying them of their win within 3 weeks (21 days) of the first date of attempted contact, we will re-run the prize draw and select a new winner at random. If a prize remains unclaimed after 2 draws, the prize will be donated to a registered charity.
- Please allow 15 working days for the delivery of the prize.
- We will ask Winners if they consent to the publication of their Surname and County to any interested parties. Where the winner does not consent to publication to interested parties, we require consent for the name of the winner to be passed onto the ASA as a condition of entry.
- Interested parties may find out the winner’s name within a maximum of 3 months of the prize draw close date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating the survey or research name or topic and date of entry.
- Where the Winner does not consent to the publication of their name, we will share details of the prize draw including the Surname and County of the awarded winner with the ASA for the ASA to verify that a prize has been awarded.
- Research Opinions Limited and Acumen Fieldwork Limited reserve the right to cancel the prize draw where the required number of entrants is not reached, or for circumstances beyond our control such as the cancellation of the project by the project sponsor.
- Research Opinions Limited and Acumen Fieldwork Limited reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The prize draw and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction by the courts of England and Wales.
- Neither Research Opinions Limited nor Acumen Field Limited accept any liability for any damages, loss or injury suffered by entrants in connection with prize draws. Research Opinions Limited nor Acumen Field Limited do not exclude their liability for death or personal injury as a result of their own negligence.
- From time-to-time prize draws may be run entirely by 3rd party clients of Research Opinions Limited nor Acumen Field Limited, in which case the terms and conditions referred to will be hosted by or provided by the 3rd party client. In such cases, these terms and conditions do not apply.